Our client is one of the largest non-profit foundations that focuses in the visual arts and music in Greece and worldwide and is seeking to appoint a General Manager based in Athens. Reporting to the Chairman of the Board, our General Manager will be responsible for the daily administration and organizational management of the Foundation’s staff and resources.
Essential Duties / Job Functions:
- Maintains effective and functional relationships and promotes communication inside the Organization and relations with external partners and sponsors
- Provides management, guidance, advice to workers and collaborators, identifies and meets staff needs and requirements, and implements the decisions of the Board of Directors
- Develops and monitors the implementation of internal procedures and protocols and develops corporate culture oriented to developing individual initiatives and free flow of information
- Qualifies new sponsors and takes responsibility of the valuable objects of sponsorships, according to sponsor instructions
- Develops strategic planning by studying economic opportunities and suggestions for improvements in order to achieve the organizational goals and objectives and coordinates efforts to establish contracts, Marketing activities and corporate staff actions
- Organizes and manages educational trips, cruises in foreign countries, various events and educational programs (fashion bazaars, art programs and children’s events)
- Takes responsibility of establishing communication and booking speakers and advertising actions to attract the audience, in order to organize lectures in the foundation venue
- Promotes the Foundation venues to interested individuals or organizations
- Is the curator of the art shop by scouting and attracting new artists and promoting their artworks
- Monitors and manages the café – restaurant within the Foundation building
Knowledge / Experience & Skills:
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, experienced individual who is organized and methodical, and capable of setting up the range of systems needed to ensure the smooth and safe use of the building as a venue for both private hire and for a public program of performances, lectures and exhibitions.
Required qualifications include:
- Degree in financial or social and political sciences, and Master in Business Administration or Marketing
- Proven experience in managing financial and organizational matters
- Fluency in English, knowledge of French, Italian or German is desirable
- PC literacy
- Leader, able to motivate, develop and manage
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude and ability to work under pressure and out of hours
- Is an art lover, academic knowledge in the arts and in the cultural fields is desirable
If you are interest for the position, you can send your CV at the hr department of Manager’s Office via email firstname.lastname@example.org noting the position code.