Required Marketing Qualifications:
- Must: 4-5 years marketing experience, preferably in the cosmetics industry
- Strategic thinker with ability to augment globally developed programs
- Knowledge of and passion for the cosmetic and/or luxury business
- SAP systems experience a plus
- Branding development and expansion experience
- Primary responsibility is to contribute to the growth and development of our client brand North America through seasonal support of catalogue collections, sets and consumer incentives.
- Leads execution of marketing support, including all promotional activities and sampling support across all distribution, inclusive of coordination with .com.
- Monitor and analyze business results and recommend new ideas and opportunities for improving plans and their execution.
- Recommend strategies and tactical plans, while managing a P&L to ensure efficient spend of marketing funds with maximum impact.
Strategic Marketing Plan Development
- Determine marketing plan and execute 360 marketing activities for catalogue collections, seasonal sets and consumer incentives. Works in tandem with .com, VM, PR, Education and Sales teams to ensure activities are planned and optimized.
- Develop a marketing mix that strengthens brand relevance, meets sales goals and is consistent with brand and retailer strategies.
- Establish set and catalogue SKU halo forecast in conjunction with Demand Planner and Sales Development team and oversee quarterly reviews of performance.
- Submit all forecasts through Gallery for globally-developed programs. Ensure awareness and buy-in by Global team for any US-developed initiatives.
- Ensure appropriate presence in retailer vehicles: catalogues, direct mail, and other promotional vehicles, inclusive of .com and digital campaigns (in tandem with Director of .com) and work with Global Creative team on the development and production. Procure comps, retailer approval and PO approval.
- Establish and monitor program support strategy for ongoing testers, samples, collateral across all points of distribution.
- Update ongoing collateral, including production and allocation
- Issue Promo Notes and Launch Book assets for all programs.
- Establish consistent presence of in-market launch/focus activities and events through Social Media channels (Facebook and Twitter) in tandem with Global Digital team and US PR team
- Manage all initiatives relating to the color/complexion category, inclusive of in-store and online activity, inventory management (FG, WIPs, Testers, tester units, collateral) and opportunistic limited edition launches.
- Partner with Spa Coordinator on tester, sample and collateral support for the North America spa business.
- Share insights with the Global team to influence the development of market-appropriate sets and consumer incentives.
- Coordination of pertinent marketing plan sharing with Australia/New Zealand, Latin America and Americas Travel Retail.
- Partner with Supply Chain, Sales Development and Demand Planner to ensure all programming support is allocated and delivered on time.
- Establish event animation and facial event activities from concept to execution to build overall brand awareness, ensure a “sense of theatre”, and drive trial and conversion through all channels of distribution. Partner with Education Director to ensure holistic thinking and Beauty Advisor execution.
- Ensure at-counter execution is designed to maximize incremental product exposure.
- Create and issue executional guidelines for programs and events.
- Create ongoing daily sampling program (seasonally) to coordinate with overall marketing strategy and establish guidelines for execution. Work with Sales Development for forecasts, allocation and shipping, and Project Management for assembly.
- Work with Edison-based Project Manager for any Americas-specific development, including sampling assemblies, gift with purchase assemblies and local collateral procurement.
- Participate in monthly Ops meetings.
- Issue Ops Notes on a timely basis to relevant internal teams.
- Ensure ongoing communication during non-meeting cycles to ensure timelines are upheld.
- Anticipate registration, importation and CITES protocols for Canada
- Ensure all program information is created, updated and validated in back-end system.
- Exhibit strong understanding of all drivers of business performance (quantitative and qualitative) to consistently optimize strategy and execution. Measure and report on program effectiveness (in coordination with Marketing Manager) to senior management.
- Plan, develop and maintain insight to marketing budget, inclusive of program P&L.
- Maintain industry insights through consistent store visits, NPD analytics and other industry sources.
- Assist in the development of retailer presentations, with the goal to generate unflagging retailer support and superior execution of programs in store.
- Participate in inter-departmental meetings, as required.
If you are interest for the position, you can send your CV at the hr department of Manager’s Office via email email@example.com noting the position code.