The Production Supervisor is responsible for a portion of the production of the 80.000 meals a day that we provide to local schools.
The Production Supervisor reports to the Production Manager and will lead a team of Cooks, Prep Cooks, Dishwashers and the Porter. Specifically, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for the consistent execution of the menus and recipes developed by the Home Office Executive Chef, as well as the planning, purchasing, inventory management, vendor relations, and reporting required for the role. The Production Supervisor will also be responsible for ensuring that their 75-100 person team is properly scheduled and provided the direction and motivation needed to meet the daily production and assembly of meals for the operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication in the production facility and when interfacing with outside clientele.
- Maintains food production costs and price, portion, and quality assurance and control methods in a large food production operation.
- Manages the procedures for ordering, receiving, storing, and packaging meals and foods items in large quantities. Implementing and maintaining “first in first out” principles of inventory management.
- Utilizes company production planning tools and resources to ensure facility accountability for client orders.
- Maintains according to company standards the highest levels of food safety, sanitation and cleanliness in all production facility areas.
- Coaches staff on proper use and care of equipment used in Revolution Foods production facilities.
- Manages the health, sanitation, and safety regulations pertaining to the handling and storage of foods and the operation of food processing facilities and equipment.
- Develops and maintains accurate records, makes mathematical computations, and prepares production reports.
- Reviews and analyzes production work processes and implements corrective action for operational improvements.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with vendors and kitchen employees to ensure food costs are aligned with the operating budget.
- Provides hands on production duties as needed/required.
- Participates in hiring, staff training and development, and the supervision of the production staff.
- Monitors cleanliness of all area’s in the kitchen environment.
- Oversees inventory control by supervising the porter and maintaining daily inventory reports.
- Complies with all state and federal Health and Safety codes.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive needed to work effectively within a young and growing company.
- 3-5 years culinary experience in a high unit volume food production facility; additionally 3+ years of proven experience in a kitchen management role is highly desired.
- Hands on production manager experience working in a high volume, food production facility.
- Proven management experience including training and development of team.
- 2-3 years purchasing and vendor management experience.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills are required with the ability to quickly learn new programs.
- Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
If you are interest for the position, you can send your CV at the hr department of Manager’s Office via email firstname.lastname@example.org noting the position code.