The Senior Project Manager, R&D Project Management – Woman’s Health, Urology, Anti-infective, Gastroenterology, is responsible for the effective management (organization, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and evaluation) of all aspects of pharmaceutical development projects.
This position will be primarily focused on the development of products within the Woman’s Health and Urology therapeutic areas and may encompass programs in early development as well as those in late-stage development (Phases II-IV).
In concert with the Core Team, the Senior Manager, R&D Project Management will develop and manage the cross-functional integrated project plan, ensuring milestones and goals are met.
S/he will develop and maintain the Global Development Plan (GDP).
This incumbent will lead the updating of the GDP on an annual basis, at stage gates, and when significant deviations occur. The incumbent will drive communication within teams, within the department, and across functional areas. In concert with the project core team, design and execute the project strategy.
S/he will effectively collaborate with project governance boards, communicate project status to management and provide resolution of project issues. S/he drives project execution in accordance to product development process. S/he will be responsible for project execution and on time delivery of milestones, manages outside partners and alliances, and facilitates meetings.
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or Engineering discipline and a minimum of 7 years’ experience in pharmaceutical R&D environment or equivalent is required
· An Advanced Degree, MS, MBA, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in pharmaceutical R&D environment or equivalent is preferred
· Combined with either/or experience above a minimum of 3 years’ experience in project management, leading multi-disciplinary project teams through the various phases of product development is required
· Experience with co-development partners/arrangement and/or international experience preferred
· The successful candidate is required to be an expert in pharmaceutical product development and the interdependencies of individual development activities
· The successful candidate will also be preferably experienced in products focused in Woman’s Health/Urology development
· Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for product registration on global basis required
· Expertise in the application of project management software (e.g. MS Project) and in the use of the project/portfolio management systems required
· Proven negotiation, issue resolution and team building skills required
· The successful candidate proactively identifies and acts to resolve project issues, including those related to timing, resources and funding, to prevent delays in project milestones required
· Responsible for taking active role in issue resolution required
· The successful candidate independently documents project issues, agreements and decisions in team minutes in a timely manner required
· Ability to represent project teams at senior management meetings required
The successful candidate is required to be an expert in facilitating team decision making and in the application of decision analysis methodologies and related tools required