The Executive Director is responsible to lead the community by example exhibiting the CORE Values through servant leadership.
Internal Community Relations:
Develops and implements community resident relations programs; solicits feedback from residents, families, and others to maintain and/or improve community hospitality and services
Establishes effective relationships with other community department heads to ensure high quality resident care while fostering an inter-departmental cooperation.
Oversees and monitors nursing services (if applicable) to ensure high quality nursing delivery systems
Monitor resident care on a daily basis; conduct daily rounds; implement quality assurance programs for all departments.
Establish positive rapport with regulatory agencies; keep updated on changes in federal, state, and local regulations
Oversee facility management of the community
Directs community safety and loss prevention program; monitors adherence to safety rules and regulations and takes remedial action when necessary
Contacts the resident’s family when a change in services is needed. Leads and participates in a resident/family conference to review changes in services
Ensures a high degree of customer satisfaction
Assist in the development of the residence’s budget
Make final decision on resident move-ins and move-outs based on the well-being of the resident and in accordance with the residence policies and procedures
- Plans and develops operating budget within HRA guidelines
- Regularly monitors department performance and regularly analyzes the community P&L status taking corrective action when necessary
- Is prepared for and attends monthly P&L teleconferences as scheduled
- Trains community management in pertinent cost control techniques
- Directs and monitors community inventory control systems
- Responsible for managing all contracted services
Maintain a high level of occupancy
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Residential Care Facility Administration (CRCF)
- Strong leadership skills with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in supervising and management
- One to two years
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Outlook software. Mid-level typing skills required
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, associates, residents, family members, and outside contacts
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc. Able to manage revenue and expense budget
- Knowledge of current Federal and State laws pertaining to IL, AL, MC, SNF communities respectively
- Able to make independent decisions
- Must possess a passion to work with and around senior citizens
If you are interest for the position, you can send your CV at the hr department of Manager’s Office via email email@example.com noting the position code.