Our client is responsible for identifying, securing and maintaining distribution partnerships with traditional and new distributors across all platforms. Our client is seeking a Director to join its Sales and Business Development team.
The primary role of the Director will be to identify and secure distribution via digital platforms, including Subscription Video-on-Demand services, as well as manage ongoing relationships with such partners. The position also will work in close partnership with internal groups (Strategy and Operations, Partner Marketing, Business and Legal Affairs) to create and execute initiatives to enhance distribution and drive revenue.
- Negotiate and manage distribution deals with existing and new distribution partners
- Identify, develop and pursue new distribution opportunities
- Research, evaluate and provide strategic perspective on new technologies, trends, business models and opportunities
- Be a subject matter expert with regard to content distribution ecosystem generally; maintain an up-to-date and detailed expertise with regard to each of the partners for which the Director oversees the relationship
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at current and potential distribution partners
- Collaborate with and support internal teams (Programming Groups, Strategy and Operations, Partner Marketing, Business and Legal Affairs, etc.)
- Support management on presentations and other matters on an as-needed basis
- 8+ years of experience working in media business development or content distribution role
- Bachelors degree required, JD or MBA preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the content distribution landscape essential; experience with domestic and/or international syndication/programming sales marketplace a plus
- Proven ability to work independently, with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately
- Proven ability to think creatively and strategically while handling complex issues; passion for new technologies and an ability to understand impact on existing businesses
- Exceptional people skills including written and communications skills required to build and maintain excellent client relationships
- Ability to thrive, adapt and re-prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Experience managing others and mentoring junior team members
- High proficiency in MS Office applications, especially PowerPoint
If you are interest for the position, you can send your CV at the hr department of Manager’s Office via email email@example.com noting the position code.