A relationship builder and results oriented!
Director of Sales
The Director of Sales grows existing accounts and generates new business to ensure that property revenues meet or exceed budget, thereby maximizing profit and improving the hotel’s performance in the marketplace.
The Director of Sales leads the property in all sales-related activities, including direct sales efforts, follow-up and proper sales administration.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Approaches all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Maintains regular attendance in compliance with our clients standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming which includes a nametag when working
- Complies at all times with our clients standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations
- Maintains a friendly and warm demeanor at all times
- Assist in developing and implementation of the Revenue Generation Plan for each hotel’s revenue objectives within the area, including development of Market Performance Forecast (MPF) and Market Segment Planner (MSP)
- Meets or exceeds set goals in room revenues, catering revenues, market share and others set in the Revenue Generation Plan
- Operates the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
- Coordinates group, transient and catering bookings to maximize profits.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluates trends within the market and ensures that the Sales Team is held accountable for those accounts within their respective territories/markets
- Coordinates all corporate negotiated sales and catering solicitations to maximize overall profits
- Assists in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner
- Conducts weekly sales meetings according our clients standards
- Is familiar with all our clients Sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing Revenue per Available Room (RevPAR), Catering and/or Other revenues
- Motivate, coaches, counsels and disciplines all Sales and Catering department personnel (as applicable) according to our clients Standards
- Conducts a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property, and (as applicable) ensures that all Sales Managers conduct thorough site inspections
- Develops strategies to increase share from competitors when the hotel revenue penetration goals are not being met
- Uses property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts
- Coordinates the preparation of complete and accurate end-of-month reports, according to our clients standards
- Coordinates and directs preparation of the monthly rooms revenue reforecast for the current and upcoming months and assist in ensuring accuracy within 5% margin of error
- Meets and greets onsite contacts
- Abides by Prime Selling Time (PST) and ensures that the Sales Team (as applicable) does the same
- Ensures that team members are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees
- Supervises, administers and ensures timely completion of all activities of the Sales Department (as applicable)
- Develops a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Guest Services, Reservations and Food and Beverage
- Performs other duties as requested by management
- Attends all training/meetings as required by management
- At least 5 years of progressive hotel sales experience with at least 2 years as a Director of Sales, or Director of Group Sales, with proven success in leading efforts
- Prior leadership over direct sales efforts producing at least 50% market mix of Total Revenues
- College degree preferred
- Strong financial knowledge required
- Valid driver’s license from the appropriate state
- Drive for Results demonstrated through successful performance in prior sales positions
- Action Orientation to work efficiently and effectively toward property revenue objectives
- Time Management skills to meet commitments across multiple accounts and contacts
- Negotiating skills to consistently obtain optimal revenue position for the hotel
If you are interest for the position, you can send your CV at the hr department of Manager’s Office via email firstname.lastname@example.org