- Maintain the smooth operation of our software and AWS infrastructure. This person will be the primary resource when systems go down or start misbehaving.
- Help to shape the culture of the engineering organization by building and managing a team of software engineers composed of employees and contractual staff.
- Drive automated releases and automated system management.
- Estimate and prioritize development tasks in conjunction with the product managers to support business objectives.
- Effectively advocate for long-term stability and scalability.
- Drive business processes by communicating technical and non-technical concepts to local and remote employees.
- 6+ years of progressive full-time software engineering experience.
- Strong experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), especially EC2.
- Must have experience with monitoring and alerting, and preferably setting up automated release processes.
- Experience with at least one of: Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, or Amazon OpsWorks.
- Prior experience building and managing successful software teams, especially in the use of one-to-one and standup meetings.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff members.
- Must be available to work weekdays from our office in Midtown Manhattan.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Must be at least 18 years old. Candidates are required to pass a drug test and background check prior to beginning employment. Our client is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally.
If you are interest for the position, you can send your CV at the hr department of Manager’s Office via email email@example.com noting the position code.