- Works with creative teams to plan, budget, technically manage and schedule shows and workshops
- Works with show designers to purchase, rent, or acquire scenic, lighting, video, sound and video elements for all productions
- Creates load-in and tech schedules in consultation with the designers and production teams
- Schedules and hires all technical personnel including part-time assistants, hourly laborers and interns
- Works to contract labor for shows, including board operators and other technical assistants
- Works closely with executive management on show budgeting and facility maintenance
- Provides payroll summaries for department
RENTALS & FACILITY
- Supports rental and visiting artists by determining their needs, overseeing load-ins and strikes, and ensuring that the space is properly restored after each rental.
- Maintains schedule of theatres for rehearsals and performances
- Oversees facility needs with department technical personnel and General Manager
- Organizes and maintains performance spaces, rehearsal spaces, equipment rooms and storage spaces
- Manages building and repair projects and needed, including regular maintenance and overseeing outside contractors for needs as necessary and in consultation with the General Manager
- Manages department schedules to provide proper coverage for overseeing the facility, acting as a fireguard, responding to time-sensitive needs during the running of shows
- Ensures shows remain on schedule, working with the Front of House staff to make certain facility is ready for the public.
- Conducts regular evaluations of production department systems, organization, policies and procedures
- Tracks inventories and recommends upgrades for equipment
- Depending upon abilities, may have IT duties relative to office equipment as well.
Position open until filled.
Competitive salary for organization of similar size, with benefits
If you are interest for the position, you can send your CV at the hr department of Manager’s Office via email firstname.lastname@example.org noting the position code.