The Director of Logistics is responsible for leading the department to exceed expectations, develop strong positive relationships with key customers, carriers, and internal management team.
In this role you will be responsible for all facets of transportation to include plant, contract manufacturing, and external warehouse operations while ensuring customers receive the highest level of service with complete on-time delivery in a safe and efficient manner. Act with a proactive processes for temperature control, delivery effectiveness and accuracy while managing department budget.
• Align Logistics Team to the Strategic direction of the organization while also driving improvement to key business indicators through identification and leadership of projects.
• Manage all facets of department budget.
• Explain proposed solutions to customers, management, or other interested parties through written proposals and oral presentations.
• Direct availability and allocation of materials, supplies, and finished products.
• Maintain and develop positive business relationships with a customer’s key personnel involved in or directly relevant to a logistics activity.
• Ensure coordination of activities across regions and businesses to gain leverage on cost and best practices as they relate to freight spend, freight payment, and carrier management.
• Utilize Sage X 3 to interface with IT to identify, plan, develop tools for reporting and automation for department to improve service and reduce cost.
• Stay informed of logistics technology advances, and applies appropriate technology in order to improve logistics processes.
• Review logistics performance with customers against targets, benchmarks and service agreements.
• Responsible for meeting financial and time benchmarks for delivering and receiving supplies and products.
• Drive change through metrics and reporting of key performance indicators to provide input for short term and long term strategy, process, policy and daily operations.
• Identify and monitor metrics to assess and evaluate efficiency for department.
• Collect and Analyze workflow, operational reports and records, and cost benefits within the department.
• Lead Logistics Team in implementation and application of best practices in coordination with other key functional groups (Sales, Finance, Manufacturing, etc.).
• Develop and lead continuous improvement efforts to ensure safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of department.
Responsible for strategic projects and the implementation for change within the department.
Provides or arranges appropriate training and coaching sessions and encourages and responds to ideas from those within department.
Manage and ensure DOT requirements are met for the department.
Develop policy and procedures, methods, and standards for department.
• CPG Knowledge and Experience
• Financial Management
• Communication Proficiency
• Strategic Decision Making
• Organizational Skills
If you are interest for the position, you can send your CV at the hr department of Manager’s Office via email firstname.lastname@example.org