The General Manager will provide the strategic vision, overall direction and leadership to the management team and workforce with the goal of generating maximum efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction.
Provides insight and leadership in driving the plant’s improved performance through employee involvement, employee development and lean manufacturing. The General Manager participates in the development of long range goals, strategies and objectives and develops initiatives at the plant level. Performs the duties personally and through subordinate managers and supervisors.
- Develop and execute annual and long-term goals, strategies and objectives at the site level to fulfill the growth and financial return objectives of the company.
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen and experience in managing a business to financial metrics, statements and standards is required. Manages Profit and loss for the facility.
- Provide direct leadership to site Management team and employees to motivate, challenge and guide activities pertinent to quality, schedule reliability, cost and profitability and customer satisfaction with a focus on lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Provide direction in the formulation, development and implementation of company quality, production, administrative and safety policies and procedures.
- Develop plans, programs and culture to ensure site compliance with company, State and Federal regulatory guidelines and statutes related to the production of the company’s product and services.
- Continuously focus on engaging the workforce, develop development plans, promote positive employee relations, ensure fair problem-solving processes and support performance management systems.
- Coach, guide and direct the activities of work units within the facility. Reviews staffing levels and makes adjustments based on changing needs of the business to ensure on-time-delivery to customers. Periodically assesses organizational structure and reporting lines and adjusts as necessitated by business needs and economy-influenced fluctuations in employment.
- Participate with cross-functional team in the review, justification, acquisition, installation and development of progressive system improvements, technology advancements and equipment/facility expansions and/or acquisitions.
- Lead and support partnership across operations and the enterprise to support the mutual success and achievement of company strategies, objectives and goals.
- Deploy all site operational initiatives; provide sales forecasts, staffing requirements, team building strategies and initiatives. Revise in accordance with results and adjustments as appropriate.
- Assist in the formulation, development and implementation of company and site-specific quality, production, administrative policies and procedures.
- Prior experience developing and managing operating and capital investment plans is required.
- Demonstrable working knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement and their importance of driving cycle time and cost out of products produced is required.
- Experience and success in nurturing, growing and strengthening customer and supplier relationships based on strategic management, a bias for action and a track record of results is required.
- Demonstrated ability to apply logic to a wide range of abstract and practical problems faced in the context of business, and to problem solve for positive outcomes is required.
- Proven experience building dynamic and high performing teams with the ability to motivate and inspire others is required.
- Demonstrated track record of establishing and leading a culture focused on achieving results through sound judgement, positive employee relations and empowerment and pride in performance is required.
- Experience leading in a growth environment as a change agent with the ability to build trust, influence and communicate at all levels of an organization is required.
- Proven ability to collaborate broadly across all levels of the organization to achieve results with cross-functional teams is required.
- Must carry a genuine passion for the business, capable of leading a tight knit and engaged team. A community minded leader who is extroverted and visible with all employees.
- A high energy leader who acts like an owner. Takes pride in his/her business and will proactively take initiative to improve/drive the business. Does not wait for direction.
- Brings out the best in people, straightforward and composed. Proactive nature and self-starter who is keen on building a strong team.
Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, operations or other related degree is required. Master’s Degree or MBA is preferred.
Minimum of 10 years’ progressive operations leadership experience in complex machining/manufacturing is required.
If you are interest for the position, you can send your CV at the hr department of Manager’s Office via email email@example.com
Noting the position code.