The Finance Director will have primary responsibility for planning, implementing, and managing all financial related activities of the agency, including budgeting, general ledger, accounts payable and receivables, grant management and reporting, cash-flow analysis, banking, audit, and other essential functions. This leadership position will report to the Executive Director and will also serve as a primary liaison to the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors
Major Responsibilities include:
• Ensure credibility of financial department by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts
• Prepare annual operating budget including cash flow projections and reporting
• Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities including reports to funding agencies, and development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
• Advise and support department managers and directors with budgets, grant oversight and financial reporting
• Manage daily responsibilities of the agency including all accounting functions, finance, treasury, accounts receivable and payable, maintenance of general ledger, budgeting, and risk management
• Identify and implement changes as needed to strengthen the agency’s policies, business processes and systems for effective financial management
• Serve as key liaison to independent audit firm, banks, insurance managers, government agencies, funders, vendors, and other professionals in areas regarding finance, audit and compliance
• CPA (strongly preferred) and BS in Accounting or Finance required
• Minimum 8-10 years’ progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in a non-profit with demonstrated success in financial management of a multi-faceted financial program with multiple and diverse sources of finance including complex grant resources, indirect costs, and fundraising accounting.
• Must be detailed oriented, maintain integrity and be able to effectively manage multiple tasks
• Knowledge of accounting software
• Strong communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills, along with experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to board or other outside partners.