Our client, Sports & Entertainment marketing team is currently seeking an experienced Director of Marketing to support its sports and entertainment lines.
In this role, successful candidates will ideally have experience in sports marketing or working on a heavily licensed driven product line, with additional experience in a classical marketing organization. Additionally, this role will be responsible for leading and developing a marketing team, while also lending strategic insights cross functionally to ensure marketing initiatives align with the vision and business plans of our product lines.
- Develop investment strategy to maximize ROI as part of the strategic planning process, taking a holistic product line viewpoint.
- Challenge status quo and constantly be looking for more efficient and effective ways to maximize return on spending.
- Increase trading card segment (and subsequent market share) by developing and driving execution of annual marketing plans.
- Oversees development of brand communications and ensures execution across all platforms (multi-media, marketing/sales materials, digital, trade shows, and promotions).
- Provides strategic leadership to outside Marketing/PR agencies.
- Leads the development of effective channel strategies, working closely with Customer Marketing & Sales Management teams to identify business building opportunities.
- Establishes communication flow and relationships with internal and external customers, Community Members, and Industry Influencers.
- Applies internal and external knowledge of trends, analysis and business operations to ensure success of all product lines, including identification of macro trends and opportunities within the market to best leverage tools and marketing initiatives.
- Must be able to identify and prioritize opportunities and/or issues through the use of data and business implications to impact success of marketing efforts, or identify new directions for strategies and programs to maintain and enhance success of all current and future endeavors.
- Bears full Marketing budget responsibility to achieve target financials.
- Oversees brand promotional calendar and KPI reviews.
People Management (Leadership):
- Provides skill and career development mentorship to a marketing team consisting of a Marketing Manager, Communications Manager, Associate Digital Marketing Manager and a Customer Marketing Manager.
- Supervises, retains and motivates marketing staff through the use of ongoing feedback, annual/semi-annual reviews and maintaining a positive team atmosphere.
- B.A./B.S. Degree Required.
- MBA Preferred or equivalent work experience in marketing leadership.
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience in sports marketing or relevant traditional consumer marketing.
- Strong working knowledge of ever changing social/digital mediums, Direct to Consumer experience a plus.
- Proven leadership and strategic abilities.
- Must be decisive, action-oriented leader with experience managing others.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels and cross functionally within an organization, in addition to outside vendors and partners.
- Creative problem solver who can demonstrate the ability to multitask, handle multiple priorities and drive results through time and project management.
- Experience within Sports, Entertainment and Collectibles is a plus.
If you are interest for the position, you can send your CV at the hr department of Manager’s Office via email email@example.com noting the position code