We seek a talented, strategic, creative and outgoing Digital Marketing Manager to oversee all electronic communications and social media. The Digital Marketing Manager will be primarily responsible for digital marketing, e-news, social media, and online content development including the blog. The focus of this position is on building and maintaining a strong online presence with the goal of increasing engagement with and visitor ship to the net work of shops – both digitally and on-site.
The Digital Marketing Manager will carry out complex projects and administrative procedures, and be responsible for the independent exercise of administrative judgment and decision-making skills, under authority delegated by the Director of Marketing, and will supervise one staff person and interns. Some duties will require work outside of regular business hours. Many of the duties assigned to this position cross the company’s departments and divisions; the Digital Marketing Manager must therefore have high initiative, a positive can-do attitude, very strong creative abilities and outstanding communication and people skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Function as the company’s web administrator:
– Manage the operation of the company’s web site (Expression Engine) and micro-sites (Word Press);
– Coordinate content creation with Creative Services, other departments, outside programmers and developers;
– Update content pages and train and supervise other staff to draft content;
– Conduct on-going web maintenance;
– Rotate on-call responsibility for handling web site server issues;
– Track and report on web stats and Manage Google Analytics and Google Ad Words;
– Drive traffic to the web site through use of SEO/SEM techniques, including oversight of outside resources.
2. Manage the digital marketing planning and execution for exhibitions, programs, membership, development and the Shop. This includes primary responsibility for the company’s e News program.
3. Generate plans for the strategic use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blog, etc). Monitoring social media activity in conjunction with others in the department – including weekends and holidays.
4. Formulate and implement digital exhibition and program guerilla marketing and outreach, such as e-flyers, web site postings, links to related online content, etc. Work with other department members to coordinate efforts.
5. Work within established budgets and deadlines and develop the same for future projects.
6. Supervise Outreach Coordinator, Digital Interns, departmental volunteers, and temporary staff as needed.
– Represent the department at meetings inside and outside the company; share digital learning’s with staff at various levels across the institution.
– Act as a company-wide resource on digital communications, and trends and best-practices in the -digital company- space.
– Serve on institutional level committees as requested.
– Additional projects and responsibilities as determined by the Director of Marketing.
– Creative and strategic thinker; able to innovate and pursue novel ideas using available and/or limited resources.
– Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
– Minimum 3 years professional marketing communications experience, preferably with a museum or cultural institution.
– Experience with website management required.
– Experience in social media and digital marketing required, including hands-on experience in strategy and practice in major social media platforms, particularly Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, and Instagram. Familiarity with Vine, Snapchat, Pinterest a plus.
– Basic HTML skills required; strong experience and comfort in Web CMS, required. Word Press and Expression Engine preferred.
– Familiarity with email marketing tools required; MailChimp experience a plus.
– Excellent general computer skills, including MS Office Suite. Adobe Creative Suite knowledge preferred.
– Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, volunteers and the general public.
– Self-starter able to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines independently in high pressure environment.
– Ability to work with numerical and statistical reports.
– Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities.
– Prior supervisory experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
– Minimum BA/BS degree; graduate degree preferably in Marketing or Arts Administration or equivalent work experience.
– Art or art history background and/or previous work experience in an art museum or gallery preferred.
– Familiarity with Jewish culture preferred.