The Assistant Manager executes the business strategy and leads the store team through customer engagement, operations, people management and merchandising the store. The Assistant Manager supports the leadership team in fostering a positive work environment that ensures both internal and external customer satisfaction, maximizes productivity and drives sales. Providing our customers with an optimal shopping experience is our #1 priority. The Assistant Manager is required to collaborate with peers and perform a variety of cross-functional tasks as assigned by the leader on duty to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Executes the business strategy for the store.Business Strategy
- Supports the team to achieve overall store earnings by driving top line sales while managing controllable contribution.
- Acts as the leader on duty regularly and consistently models the brand service standard and sub-brand selling behaviors.
- Analyzes and utilizes Leader on Duty Tracking Sheet to optimize each hour of business.
- Maintains company standard of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room areas ensuring store environment is safe for employees and customers.
- Drives brand loyalty by representing an exceptional customer store experience by assessing interactions on the sales floor and in the fitting room.
- Monitors and drives sales performance and related key performance indicators on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Tracks sales associate productivity and ensures that the team is achieving company standards.
- Motivates and inspires the team through focused and actionable sales rallies.
- Executes shortage action plan in partnership with the senior general manager/general manager/assistant general manager to minimize loss and achieve shrinkage goals.
- Ensures optimal sales floor coverage by reviewing Personnel Management and Forecast Edit and Budget Adjustment form and taking into account sales per hour, units per transaction, average transaction and conversion trends using hourly reads to maximize business opportunities.
- Ensures all back room areas including bathrooms and employee break areas are cleaned regularly.
- Ensures compliance to meal and break policies.
- Complies with ordering cycle to ensure that supplies are available.
- Enforces adherence to all corporate policies (e.g., Employee Appearance Guidelines, Return Policy, Safety, Loss Prevention, Store Compliance Audit etc.) as directed by policy and procedure.
- Provides on-the-job-training to all employees on company initiatives and standards to ensure that everyone fully understands company direction.
- Creates and implements training and development plans for sales associates.
- Provides store team with in-the-moment coaching on the sales floor; rewarding good behavior and redirecting when needed in order to drive employee engagement.
- Communicates feedback to sales associates regarding performance.
- Supports the annual review process for sales associates.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Experience supervising teams preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store employees.
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas.
Ability to travel as required.
If you are interest for the position, you can send your CV at the hr department of Manager’s Office UK via email firstname.lastname@example.org noting the position code.