You have arranged a half hour face-to-face meeting with an employer to pick the brains of someone in a job, career or business area that interests you. What can you talk to them about? How can you come across well?
11 top questions
- What is the best/worst thing about your job/this area of work?
- What is your job really about?
- What services/products does your organization provide?
- Who are your main users or customers?
- What benefits do users or customers receive?
- What successes have you had?
- Who are your main competitors?
- What are the main challenges you/the business are facing?
- What is it like to work here?
- What helps someone to succeed here?
- What advice would you give to me about…?