Manage the most cost effective routing of inbound and outbound shipments for the Retread/Distribution Centers.
- Serve as operational project lead for implementation of new Transportation Management System.
- Configure and maintain all operational aspects of Transportation Management System.
- Serve as liaison between distribution centers, information technology team and internal and external freight carriers.
- Process daily routing solutions for outbound shipments.
- Monitor deliveries, ensuring customer satisfaction and maintaining accurate records of all transportation activities.
- Schedule routing and delivery of inbound import and domestic deliveries into distribution centers.
- Track and provide reporting on inbound and outbound transportation costs.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelors Degree in Transportation/Logistics/Supply Chain.
- 3-5 years experience in Transportation Management Systems and shipment routing.
- Prior operational experience supporting distribution center shipping and receiving operations a plus.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and ability to learn new software applications and computer programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, critical thinking and follow up organizational skills.
- Team work and time management skills, and an ability to be detail oriented also required.
- The need to deal with a great diversity of people, and the possibility of occasional evening and/or weekend work
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
If you are interest for the position, you can send your CV at the hr department of Manager’s Office via email email@example.com noting the position code.