An opportunity has arisen for a warehouse manager to join our growing team at our client warehouse. This is the senior appointment in our business for all of our warehousing and distribution and the candidate will be a key member of the senior management and responsible for our entire warehouse operation. It’s an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to own this part of the business and be in the lead as we grow the business. It’s a blank canvas in terms of systems, procedures, team and operating plans.
We are experiencing a period of rapid growth in both our wholesale export of fast moving consumer goods and direct to consumer small parcels in China. If you’d like to work in a founder owned fast moving international e-commerce environment with a lot of freedom and responsibility then we’d love to hear from you as soon as possible.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Directly reporting to the group Chief Operating Officer the warehouse manager takes leadership of the entire warehouse operation including:
- Recruitment and management of staff members
- Staff resource planning
- Health and Safety
- Lead dispatch processing of wholesale shipments
- Lead dispatch processing of small parcel pick and pack
- Lead goods in management
- Reworking of goods
- Design and implementation of packing and dispatch processes – including warehouse development and design
- Inventory management and stock control
- Collaborating closely with the Chief Technology Officer on the technology choices for use in the warehouse environment
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of managing and leading a warehouse at a senior level is preferred
- Demonstrable experience of working in an ecommerce environment would be a benefit
- Enthusiasm for technology and automation – including the ability to work to a competent level inspreadsheets and other common tools
- Understanding of how to implement a stock and inventory control system
- Willingness to get involved on a hands on basis and able to lead others to achieving goals
- Enthusiastic about improving outcomes and a self starter for making things happen
- Ability to think about the entire business and how the warehouse contributes to the end goals of achieving sales and service
- Speaking more than one language is a positive
- We would prefer a candidate to be within easy travel of our location
We only want to hire the best people who will be with us as our business grows. You should therefore expect a very good benefits package to attract and retain the best.
Whilst we expect a lot, we also respect that all us have a home life and other commitments
If you are interest for the position, you can send your CV at the hr department of Manager’s Office via email firstname.lastname@example.org noting the position code.