The Director of Sales is responsible for all sales and business development activities in his/her assigned territory, with a strong emphasis on sales performance and sales management. The sales director is a senior leader, and is expected to provide mentorship, guidance, and skill development for his/her team.
The successful candidate is a well-rounded business professional, with acute business sales, strong sales management skills, and undistracted focus in achieving sales targets. In addition to his/her “in region” responsibilities, he/she is expected to be the representative for his/her region within corporate, and to provide a clear vision and context for market opportunities that exist, or may soon exist, in his/her regional responsibility
Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree (MBA) highly desirable
10-15 years experience with increased responsibility within a well established organization (global company preferred)
5-10 years management level experience
5-10 years experience regional of responsibility
Excellent management skills with the ability to effectively direct the team’s performance in the territory.
In-depth knowledge of sales principles and practices.
Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, human relations, presentation and organizational skills.
PCs and various software applications.
Strong motivator and influencer of team behavior
Strong relationship builder with both internal and external constituents
Ability to accurately predict revenues, and to develop and execute on go to market plans that meet company objectives
Cross cultural ability to accomplish objectives both at headquarters and in the field
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Drives achievement of sales objectives including sales volume, channel development and management, new business development and management of existing revenue streams.
• Accurately forecast annual, quarterly, and monthly revenue streams.
• Ensures that sales goals and forecasts are consistent with the organization’s long-range strategic objectives.
• Works closely with marketing, product management and other related parties to develop local pricing strategies, sales campaigns and any other tools required to be successful in territory.
• Regularly visits key existing partners/customers, actively involved in the recruitment of key new partners
• Actively involved with sales team in the closure of major deals that are critical to revenue goal achievement
Oversees sales engineering activities to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
• Coordinates company resources to ensure the proper use and level of pre-sales technical support.
• Ensures sales support staff receives training needed to be technically knowledgeable of company’s products.
• Oversees the identification of the business and IT needs of key accounts and prospects and ensures pre-sales technical services are in place to meet those needs.
If you are interest for the position, you can send your CV at the hr department of Manager’s Office via email email@example.com noting the position code.