For more than 25 years, our client, a not-for-profit based in London, has been recognized as an innovative local, national and now international leader in contemporary performance. We provide incomparable experiences for audiences by presenting and commissioning artists whose work challenges their expectations for live performance and inspires them to think critically about the world. We are dedicated to rigorously supporting artists from diverse genres, cultures and perspectives. We believe that when artists are given the freedom and security they need to take aesthetic risks, the artists are able to hone their creative voice and make distinctive works of art that transform audiences.
Our client seeks a passionate and proactive individual to fill the full-time position of Finance and Operations Manager with the primary responsibilities of supporting the following areas: finance, business planning, budgeting, human resources, operations and IT. Our client Finance and Operations Manager will report to the Managing Director and work collaboratively with the rest of the staff including programming, production and external affairs. Candidates must have strong financial management skills, a good understanding on non-profit business practice, and a love for the arts, as well as the ability to work independently and think creatively.
– Working in conjunction with the Managing Director, oversee and lead the annual operational budget and planning process; communicate variance to all department budget managers; and in conjunction with the Managing Director, assess when budget adjustments are necessary.
– Oversee all financial and related legal and tax record keeping.
– Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicating quarterly financial statements and capital budget to the Board of Directors, the Managing Director and the Artistic Director.
– Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
– Manage and coordinate quarterly report with the Finance Committee of the Board.
– Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors, and the Audit Committee.
– Develop, implement, evaluate and maintain financial policies and standards to ensure adequate controls and adherence to applicable federal and state regulations.
– Evaluate and improve internal financial systems as needed.
– Maintain necessary technical skills to insure compliance with emerging regulations, accepted nonprofit accounting principles, and reporting standards.
– Further develop the organization’s human resources, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training and recruiting.
– Manage all payroll processing.
– Educate staff and new recruits on our clients HR policies and ensure compliance.
Operations & Facility Management
– Ensure the organization is in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations and all documentation is filed in a timely manner.
– Ensure the organization is adequately protected by maintaining suitable insurance policies.
– Oversee IT management, ensuring IT equipment, software and systems are in efficient, secure and in good working order available for operational use and adequately backed up.
– Working closely with the Production Manager for all space rental negations, contracts, and uses.
– Successful candidates must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The ideal candidate should be entrepreneurial, supportive of creative processes and open to innovative approaches.
– Minimum of 5 years of financial and accounting experience and at least 3 years in nonprofit financial management.
– In-depth knowledge of non-profit arts administration is essential, knowledge of contemporary performing arts and performing arts sector in preferred.
– BA in business administration or equivalent in work experience required, Masters degree in arts administration preferred.
– Proficiency with QuickBooks Pro, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point) and Googledocs/Google sites is required. Additional working understanding of common donor database (CRM) solutions is also desirable.
If you are interest for the position, you can send your CV at the hr department of Manager’s Office via email firstname.lastname@example.org noting the position code.