Manager’s Office seeks a COMMERCIAL MANAGER with perspective and deeply felt passion for the industry to assist the organization of our client.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
As a hands-on Commercial Director, you will be responsible for creating, leading, and inspiring a high performing commercial team.
- Key responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an operational sales strategy in line with the overall brand strategy for the group.
- Assist the MD in being the figurehead of the marketplace.
- Identify new revenue streams to generate sustainable growth, year on year.
- Measure, maintain and grow market shares in S/M and Hypermarkets.
- Together with the MD and finance team, prepare budgets and forecasts.
- Demonstrate excellent face to face and presentation skills.
Strategy and Sales Development
- Develop and implement the operational sales plan for each product you are responsible for, on and offline and for events in line with the brand strategy as directed by MD.
- Ensure effective communication of the sales strategy to your team.
- Forecast accurately on a rolling basis, current/next month and annualised revenue/profit by product where applicable.
Market & Product Knowledge
- Ensure a thorough working knowledge of the product sectors for which you are responsible, their brand extensions and the markets in which they operate.
- Ensure full awareness of all competitor activity across print, online and events, including circulation, target audience and sales stories.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the brands key accounts, based on an understanding of their business and market dynamics.
- Understand the customers business environment and their needs.
- Work with your Peer Group i.e., Commercial Directors to develop and implement sales best practice across the wider business.
- Deliver/exceed against brand monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets (revenue/share/yield)
- Demonstrate clear sales leadership by assisting your direct reports to deliver best practice and revenues.
- Focus on retention and growth, both revenue and customers.
- Define and agree sales area KPI’s; define sales patch, segment opportunity; focus effort and manage, measure market shares and pipelines.
- Attract, retain, and develop high achievers.
- Manage, Coach, and develop direct reports in accordance with your guidelines.
- To conduct regular appraisals with your direct reports, identifying stretching and developing objectives as appropriate.
- Organise and execute team training.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings with your team.
- Proactively encourage collaboration to achieve team goals.
- Develop an open, honest, and supportive team environment.
If you are interest for the position, you can send your CV at the hr department of Managers Office via email email@example.com noting the position code. Keeping Your Job Search Confidential